Earl Nightingale is one of the pioneers of the self-help success movement, he inspired the giants like Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins and many others. I like Earl because he gets straight to the point, we’ve all heard this type of material but the way he puts it together and sums it up makes you think and hopefully engages your mind and soul to change yourself for the better.

“Success is really nothing more than the progressive realization of a worthy ideal” -Earl Nightingale

Why isn’t everyone successfully? Because most of us are followers. Most of us don’t put in 100% focus and effort towards one goal we have believed this bullshit called multitasking which works for some things but for very important tasks you should NEVER multitask and should give complete concentration and attention. We have learned a lot of very bad habits, from our parents, from our educational system to our friends. This is why you never see successful people associate or hang with unsuccessful people, birds of a feather always flock together.

An alarming statistic just 8% of people achieve their News Years resolutions according to Forbes.com. This is pathetic, almost everybody toasts to a great new year and claims that “this year will be better” but then they never follow through. 73% of people who set fitness goals as a New Years resolution give up, I’ve seen this personally at the gym I attend. It’s packed in January but by the end of the month and into February all the new faces are gone.

In another study of Harvard MBA’s 3% made ten times as much money as the other 97% combined, why? Because the 3% of Harvard MBA’s had clearly defined written down goals. 84% had no specific goals, 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper and 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them.

I personally have my goals written down on my computer but I will be transferring them to a notebook and carrying it around with me very soon because I want to continue to remind myself of the mission. The fun part is sitting down and setting your goals but then you have to discipline yourself to continue working hard on your goals every single day with no excuses. It does not matter if you have to work a 9-5 job like I do, it does not matter if you have kids and a wife you must make time for yourself or else you will be going nowhere at the end of the day. Your time is valuable and if you don’t have 1-3 hours a day to spare for yourself to study, read, work on achieving your goals then I’m afraid you have too much on your plate and it’s time to rearrange your life if possible. Olympic athletes train everyday, Boxers train daily, Mixed Martial Art fighters train daily and some even train 2-3 times per day. Yes they take breaks but my point you have to train and work on your goals as often as possible. Focus is the key word. If I can suggest to anyone reading this the one thing you can do to guarantee success for yourself that is to FOCUS. If you want to become a multimillionaire you should focus on it and draw up a plan a realistic plan to make it happen. As long as the goal is realistic and achievement through hard work then all you need to do is FOCUS and work hard at it.

Please enjoy this video from the 1950’s with Earl Nightingale one of the legends and masters at self-help explaining to us how we can all be successful. These are simple truths and nothing complicated we just have to do it. I love Earl Nightingale his message is simple but very powerful if you follow through and most of all ACT on this content!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here