Many conservatives on the right are saying its long overdue President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey others on the left are in typical fashion worried that President Trump is acting like a dictator and getting rid of anyone in government who would seek to go against his wishes. This entire situation is highly political but for Trump, Comey was poorly performing his duties and as Russian collusion hoax story yet to be proven as of the writing of this article the FBI was caught in the middle. When Comey released information concerning reopening the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, Democrats cried foul and were triggered and angered. When Comey led the charge into in my opinion a completely fake Russian collusion investigation Democrats loved Comey again. It was really a love hate relationship.
Per Grabien.com here are 10 scandals that will haunt James Comey and has possibly tainted the integrity of the FBI:
- The FBI knew about Tamerlan Tsarnaev before the Boston Marathon Bombing but let him go, ignoring a warning from Russia and decided against investigating him why more than likely orders from President Obama.
- After the Edward Snowden revelations the FBI was found out to be conducting their own dating mining on innocent Americans, and not only that but keeping this data for years even if no wrongdoing is found. Similar to Minority Report where they keep information on all citizens and if needed they can potentially “tweak it” and make it look bad against you.
- The FBI claimed that they used 2 private jets for counter-terrorism but after a deeper look both planes were being used by Eric Holder and Robert Mueller’s personal and business travel.
- The FBI demanded that Apple create a “backdoor” that would allow law enforcement to unlock their cell phones that help them out in issues of “national security”, but Apple refused. The FBI figured out a way without Apple’s consent to crack the phone of the San Bernardino terrorist. This marked a dangerous precedent of asking a private company to intentionally weaken their security, most security professionals sided with Apple and rightly so.
- The FBI had in their possession emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he would kill fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban, the FBI looked the other way and ignored this threat as a result 31 Americans at Fort Hood were killed.
- The FBI raided a Texas political group who believed in “restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic”, taking fingerprints photos and seizing the phones of attendees.
- The FBI gave Hillary Clinton and her top aides immunity in the mishandling of classified information case, Clinton and her allies were allowed to destroy laptops and cell phones with vital evidence on them. Many questions why James Comey and the FBI would make such a strange deal basically letting Hillary Clinton of the hook for violating so many laws that others would be in jail for.
- The FBI ignored key intel that eventually led to a radical Islamist Ahmad Khan Rahami detonating a backpack bomb in New York City in 2016. The father of Rahami told the FBI his son was being radicalized but again amazingly the FBI stood down.
- The FBI failed again during the investigation of the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida where 49 people were killed and 53 wounded. They decided not to investigate Omar Mateen any further even after he admitted to lying to the FBI.
- Two terrorists who sought revenge and wanted to kill Americans for the “Draw Muhammad” event in Garland, Texas basically stood down again after knowing in advance that an attack was coming even after having an undercover agent traveling with the radical Islamists the FBI did nothing to stop this attack.
The FBI was a disgrace under the leadership of James Comey, President Trump literally had no choice but to stop the bleeding it was obvious Comey was still operating on another agenda that did not include the protection of American citizens. I just hope the next FBI director will be a great leader and do what is right for the people and not go along with President Trump the GOP or the Democrats but stay neutral and focus on doing their job.